The Greekfest in town is my favorite festival of all times!!! We even have a new Greek restaurant in town Navarino Bay (can’t wait to try and review here on the blog)
Anyway so I was looking for a way to make a good gyro at home and found a recipe and I tweaked it so find it below, try it and let me know how it turned out!!!
- steak-umms steak cooking for 2 I cooked 2 and a half servings, you can adjust according to if you want more or less meat in your gyro
- feta cheese(I used a block that I crumbled myself)
- romaine lettuce(or any greens that you prefer)
- green peppers
- red onion
- Tzakiki sauce(see recipe below)
- any other toppings you would like
- pita(you can use your favorite pita, I used naans)
- prep veggies for gyros
- slice peppers and onions the way you prefer(dice or slice)
- cut up romaine lettuce
- dice cucumber
- warm medium-sized skillet
- place peppers and onions in warm skillet and saute until cooked to your preference(I cooked until tender and a little brown on the edges)
- remove peppers and onions from skillet
- add steak-umms to the skillet and cook through (until brown–no pink left) crumble it as it cooks
- once the steak is cooked through add the peppers and onions back to skillet and heat through
- warm pitas in oven
- take the warm pita and spread tzatziki sauce on, add the meat, onion, pepper mixture
- top gyro with lettuce, cucumber, feta cheese and any other toppings you wish
- wrap gyro in foil and enjoy
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (more if you like the taste)
- 1 garlic glove
- salt and pepper to taste
- mix all ingredients in an airtight container and place in refrigerator for a few hours or until your gyros are ready
- keep the leftover tzatziki sauce in the refrigerator
Change it up and make with chicken, pork, fish, or the traditional lamb! Make this recipe comment below and tell me how it turned out!
Have a Blessed Day!
A couple of weeks ago JoAnn’s had an amazing sale a couple of weeks ago on the prima traveler journal, which I had to have when I first saw it online(cue the heart eyes!!!)
I loved the look of it, not to mention the included zippered pouch(wow how helpful that would be)
While I was shopping I found a lot of Prima dolls that I didn’t have yet so I put them in my cart too(lots of gorgeous projects coming soon!)
Lets open the box
okay I am so excited right now!
Here is a closer look inside the box(yippee)
The Prima Traveler Journal- I have never seen a more gorgeous yet functional traveler journal I LOVE it!!!Already 🙂
Here are the prima dolls and princess’
I cannot wait to open them and get to stamping some gorgeous projects… I have so many ideas!!!
Who doesn’t love a great deal? Just in time for Spring and Summer our gorgeous Capri leggings that make you feel as though you have just stepped off the runway every day you put them on. Step on into confidence, do your leggings make your legs look longer, leaner, what about that stubborn tummy, do your leggings tuck everything in and lift everything up? I can say that Ruby Ribbon leggings do, the very BEST leggings on the market! There are other companies who claim to tone and tuck and make you look your very best, well nothing is quite like Ruby Ribbon! (They don’t even pay me to say that, I fell in love with the leggings in 2013 that I joined Ruby Ribbon as the very first stylist in the whole state of WV(WOW!!!)
Have you heard of Ruby Ribbon, and wanted to try a pair on? Well as they say now is the time:)
Okay so let’s talk about the gorgeous colors, styles, and prints that we have to offer! We have leggings that will take you from the gym to the mall to a night out on the town, seriously though don’t believe me order a pair and try for yourself!
I would love to have a legging review panel, all you have to do is order a pair of leggings and wear them give me your honest opinion to appear here on this blog(with our without your name attached, that part is up to you)
Check out the photos and pick out your favorite pair
What size are you, you may be asking? I have you
Come back for my personal review of the Capri’s below– go to the E-Commerce website to shop
Have a fashionable day!!!