Crisp fall air warm sun shining down all while the wind begins to stir up for a stormy evening.
Tonight is Monday and one of the few times it is just me and mom for dinner(Tuesday is family dinner, Thursday is family dinner, Friday is usually reserved for friends, Sunday is family time after church) that leaves Monday and Wednesdsy and typically Wednesday we eat pizza before church but I digress…
Tonight I felt we needed some good old fashioned comfort food,we have had a tragic week last week so beginning this new week was a little difficult😔
Do you think that we can find comfort in food? Is it just something that we say when we are eating yummy food?
I think it is just something we say however food can make you feel all sorts of emotions.
I loved teaching the digestive system when I taught on campus at a local college knowing the different taste sensations we experience and learning umami… which is the BEST experience you can have with food😊
I found a recipe on skinny taste blog and altered just a bit
- 6 oz no yolk egg noodles
- 2 tsp oil
- Garlic 4 cloves if using fresh(I used garlic garlic seasoning)
- 12 oz fresh broccoli florets chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium onion diced fine
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken breast in a pot with salt and pepper(to taste) cover with water. Place on stove and bring to boil… cook chicken through about 45-60 mins
- In a separate pot cook egg noodles according to package directions. Cook to al dente as noodles will continue to cook in oven
- Blanche/steam(I find this to be a personal preference) broccoli
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large pot heat butter add garlic and onion cook until soft then add flour to make rue.
- Add milk and chicken broth to rue along with all mozzarella, and cheddar cheese. Reserve 1/2 cup
- Add noodles, broccoli, and chicken stir up and place into a greased 9×13 pan
- Top casserole with remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese
- Bake 20 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly
- Serve immediately in a bowl with garlic bread
Okay so you can probably see penne pasta as well as egg noodles, this is because I didnt have enough egg noodles😂 this is important to note because you could use any kind of pasta you want to🤗
Btw: I took this in my lunch on Tuesday and yummy it was just as good as leftovers, I placed 1 cup in microwave for 1 minute and it was bubbly and ready to eat!