Happy Birthday America!!!
We would traditionally have a huge 4th of July Celebration with our family and friends complete with a cookout, homemade ice cream, sprinklers and water balloons, and finish the evening with a firework display!
This year is a little different, we will still be cooking out just on a smaller scale and we will be watching the Macy’s fourth of July Fireworks celebration on the TV.
Enjoying a nice here at the house, it will be a good day!!!
I do want to share a recipe with you though before I go fire up the grill🔥
Introducing my not potato potato salad– taken from Taste of home many years ago here is my version… sometimes I will make this and take it in my lunch at work it is so easy and tastes just like potato salad, without all the hassle of cooking potatoes
No Potatoes needed Potato salad
Here is what you will need
- 2 cups of minute rice
- 2 cups water
- 1.5-2 cups mayo
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 5 dill pickle chips diced (optional)
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil
- Add rice
- Remove from heat and stir
- Cover and let sit fir 5 minutes
- Dice veggies
- Put rice in a serving bowl or storage bowl
- Add veggies and fold in mayo/mustard
- Add salt and pepper
- Boil eggs
- Peel and slice one egg and dice the other egg
- Fold in diced eggs and lay the sliced eggs on top
- Sprinkle some black pepper on top
- Refridgerate for a couple hours
- Serve and enjoy
- Will keep in fridge for 3-4 days
Enjoy and the next time you need a dish for a potluck or family cookout think about bringing this… it will be a huge hit!