I Love enchiladas and I love soup so why not enchilada soup. I have had chicken enchilada soup before but I decided I would like to try to make it with taco meat.
Who doesn’t love soup I mean it is like a big hug in a bowl right on those chilly nights?
Oh this is so yummy and it really warms up nicely too as with most soups this recipe makes a lot of soup!
Beefy Enchilada Soup
1 lb ground beef
20 oz red enchilada sauce
4 cups of chicken broth
taco seasoning for 1 lb of meat
1 jalapeno seeded
1 medium onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
salt and black pepper to taste
1-15 oz can pinto beans rinsed
1-15 oz can black beans rinsed
1 can green chiles
- In a soup pot saute butter, onion, garlic, jalapenos, and green chiles set aside(place in a bowl or on a plate)
- add ground beef cook until brown and cooked through remove any excess grease and add taco seasoning packet
- add onions, garlic, jalapenos, green chilies back to the ground beef stir in to incorporate
- add chicken broth and bring to a boil
- add rice and cook according to package directions
- add cans beans to soup and simmer 10 minutes
- serve with cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, chips, green onions
Enjoy this soup? Let us know if you try this recipe by commenting below