I don’t know about you but I absolutely love the Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond, her way of cooking is my style and not to mention her line at Walmart!!!!
on our way home from vacation I saw her post this recipe on IG and thought it would be easy and yummy to fix once home from a week away.
like any recipe I put my own spin on it, that is the beauty of recipes; tweaking a few of the ingredients making it your own!
find the original Pioneer woman recipe here
Taco shells and CheeseCourse: Uncategorized
1 pound of shell noodles or your favorite pasta
1 pound ground beef
seasonings 1 tsp of each; garlic powder, salt, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, cumin
1 medium onion diced
1 green onion diced
2 tbsp cilantro chopped
1 pound Velveeta cheese
2.5 cups cheddar jack cheese
4 tbsp butter split
2 tbsp olive oil
garnish: salsa, sour cream, tortilla chips, cilantro, guacamole
- in a medium pot filled with water generously salt and bring to a boil, add pasta and cook through, drain and set to the side.
- In a skillet add olive oil and 2 tbsp butter saute onions until clear and tender… add ground beef breaking up into small crumbles until fully cooked.
- add seasoning mix and stir
- add can of rotel with green chilies(I used a motor boat to make a salsa consistency, this is especially nice if you dont care for tomato chunks)
- in a large soup pot add 2 tbsp butter, Velveeta cheese, melt over medium heat stirring constantly so not to stick
- add 1 cup of milk stir in 2.5 shredded cheddar jack cheese
- add 1 cup milk and stir
- add meat mixture stir into cheese
- Stir in cooked noodles
- add milk by tbsp to thin to desired consistency