Do you have left over chicken sitting in your fridge? Or maybe some frozen chicken you need a quick yummy meal to fix?
I had grilled chicken fajitas for Sunday dinner and had quite a bit left over. Not typically a big fan of warmed up chicken for leftovers. However I decided I wanted to try something, so here we go!
Traditional chiliquiles is a Mexican breakfast dish with baked corn tortillas cut up then simmered in a red or green sauce until softened. Shredded chicken is added and then topped with cheese, crema, avocado, onions, then served with eggs, refried beans!!!! chiliquiles is my favorite Mexican dish with or without eggs! my version no eggs, but I added Mexican rice, beans, lettuce, onions, sour cream, salsa Verde, grilled chicken, and I took a shortcut by using tortilla chips!
here is what you will need
- tortilla chips
- can of enchilada sauce
- jar of salsa Verde
- green onions
- cheese sauce
- shredded cheese
- shredded lettuce
- nacho toppings
ready for the recipe?
Easy one skillet chiliquilesCourse: Uncategorized
grilled chicken tenders (4 for 2 people)
1.5 cans red enchilada sauce
1 Jar of salsa verde
2 tablespoons garlic paste
2 tablespoons oil
Mexican rice 1 cup cooked for 2 people
1 can green chiles
2 tablespoons lime juice
Your favorite toppings for nachos
- seasonings 1 teaspoon each
- on a large to extra large skillet add the oil and garlic and heat over medium heat, add left over chicken and heat through
- add half can of enchilada sauce and 4 tablespoons of salsa Verde and Sprinkle adobo, chili powder. Simmer until sauce has reduced approx 10 mins
- remove chicken leaving sauce on pan set chicken to the side
- ln a small saucepan warm up refried beans and warm up or fix Mexican rice according to package
- in skillet add the rest of your enchilada sauce and 4 tablespoons of salsa Verde Sprinkle chili powder, garlic powder, adobo, and onion powder(just a light Sprinkle) add 2 tablespoons lime juice simmer 10 minutes reduce heat to low
- get your chips and place a few in the skillet stiring to get fully coated with sauce
- place chips on plate, top with chicken, a spoonful of beans and rice, cover with lettuce, cheese, and however you want to top it!
- you can place chiliquiles in the oven to melt cheese if you like, I use melted cheese dip(queso)