Tired of serving a regular box of macaroni and cheese to your family
How about you pep it up with this peppy macaroni recipe?
Growing up we would have this at least once a week maybe once every two weeks it was a staple in my household. The other day I said why don’t we have Peppy Mac? Hadn’t had it in years and man did it take me back.
I wanted to share the recipe in case you had not heard of it and would like to try it
Here is what you will need
- 1 box of macaroni and cheese meal kit(We use Kraft deluxe(in the blue box)
- I jar of pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of pepperoni reserving 12 slices for the top
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9X13 baking dish
- Prepare box macaroni and cheese according to package directions
- beat eggs together in a bowl and add to cooled macaroni(if it is too hot you will scramble those eggs, no one wants that)
- stir in jar of pizza sauce
- cut up pepperoni (I cut into 4 pieces you could also use mini pepperoni)
- Stir in pepperoni(remember to reserve some for the top of your dish)
- pour macaroni and cheese in a 9X13 greased baking dish
- top with mozzarella cheese
- top with remaining pepperoni
- place in preheated oven 350 degree oven
- bake 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden brown
Combine your love of Mac n cheese and pizza into one family friendly meal!!!
Warms up great too if you do end up with leftovers(probsbly won’t though)