Oh my word… this right here… this recipe that I created on my own, is going to be a family favorite!!!!
So we sre all busy right… and the last thing you want or need is to spend your evening in the kitchen prepping, cooking, and cleaning up after dinner!
this meal is super easy with a prep of 10 mins or less and cook time of 45 minutes and when you eat off paper plates like we do on the farm then clean up is easy too!!!
Do you like hot dogs? Do you like chili cheese dogs? Well this recipe is for you!!!
Chili cheese coney bake
Chili cheese Coney Bake is like a fancy way to eat your favorite hot dog!
1/2 package of frozen hash browns
1 can of hot dog sauce
Hebrew National or your favorite hot dogs (6 sliced into bite size pieces)
2 cups cheddar cheese
Package of tater crowns or tater tots
Hot dog condiments to serve with dish; mustard, ketchup, coleslaw, onions, more cheese, relish… anything you like
Seasonings: salt, pepper, onion powder to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 450⁰
- Spray a 8×8 casserole dish with pam baking spray
- Open the hadbrowns and remove half of them(still frozen is fine) layer on the bottom of dish
- Salt, pepper, onion powder Sprinkle seasoning over Hasbrown layer
- Sprinkle cheese on top of hashbrowns
- Open can of hot dog sauce and evenly spread over the cheese and hasbrowns
- Slice 6 hot dogs into bite size pieces and evenly space out over the hot dog sauce
- Sprinkle more cheese on top of the hot dog pieces
- Evenly space out the tater crowns or tater tots on top
- Place in oven for 30-45 minutes the tater tots should be golden brown and thr hot dog sauce should be bubbly
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving
- Serve with coleslaw, mustard, ketchup, pickle relish anything you like on your hot dogs… my favorite is coleslaw and mustard!
Yes, you will see paper plates in a lot of my photos….you may be thinking good grief she doesn’t even use her good plates for her photos… well this is real life LOL, I do use good plates at least 2 days a week if not more but I love keeping things simple and easy!
If you try this recipe please let us know we woukd love to hear how you liked it!!