Oh my word my favorite… I know I know I say that a lot but honestly chiliquiles are my favorite and not all Mexican Restaraunts serve it, makes me sad… insert sad emoji.
Did you know that traditional chiliquiles actually have eggs in the dish most often it is made using fried eggs but sometimes scrambled eggs are used. This would be perfect for brunch
I have had it prepared this way only one time and it was really good bit normally I eat it for lunch or dinner and so no eggs.
I have been wanting to try to fix chiliquiles like my favorite Mexican restaraunt does. I have attempted this recipe 3 times. I guess it is true what they say 3rd times a charm and if at first you don’t succeed try try again.
Never give up on what you want to achieve… keep trying!!!
So here is my recipe it was so yummy
Easy Chicken ChilquilesCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
chiliquiles are a favorite of mine and now I can have them anytime with this amazing recipe thst took me three times to get just right!
1 cup of shredded chicken
1/2 medium onion diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1.5 cups medium salsa
3tsp taco seasoning
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 package of crunchy taco shells
2 cups cheese
white queso cheese
Garnish with cheese, green onions, lettuce, beans, sour cream, salsa…
- In a medium non-stick stick skillet place olive oil in and saute onions until tender
- Add taco seasoning, chicken, salsa, tomato paste
- Simmer for 10 minutes
- In a 8X8 pan lined with foil
Break up the taco shells into chip sized pieces
- Spoon over the chips half of the chicken mixture
- Cover with half the cheese
- Cover the cheese layer with more taco shells broken into chip pieces
- Repeat with the other half of the chicken mixture and cheese
- Place into a 425⁰preheated oven
- Bake 20 minutes or until bubbly
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes
- Plate over a bed of lettuce and drizzle white queso cheese on top
- Garnish how you wish
- You can use rotisserie chicken for an even easier meal
- You can crush up taco shells to Sprinkle over thr top of chiliquiles
Did you try this recipe? Please let us know below we would love to hear from you!!!