Oh my goodness do you like stuffed peppers? You are going to live this recipe!!!
In 2020 I shared 2 recipes every week!!!! Wow what an accomplishment 👏
In 2021 I want to slow down a bit and only share 1 recipe per week some weeks I will have a bonus recipe(maybe more)
I hope you have enjoyed the recipes so far and hope you will continue to follow this year for some more yummy recipes that are easy to fix right at home any night of the week!
I absolutely love green bell peppers and the idea of stuffing them with ground beef, rice, tomato sauce is just perfect but what about winter and you feel like soup instead? No problem I’ve got you covered with my Italian stuffed pepper soup recipe that is sure to be a hit with the whole family!!!
Italian Stuffed Pepper SoupCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
all the deliciousness of a stuffed pepper in soup form! Perfect for those chilly winter nights!
1.5 cups rice(minute rice)
1 pound ground beef
6 cups beef broth
1 small can tomato sauce
3 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 medium onion diced
2 bell peppers(1 green and 1 yellow)
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tbsp parsley
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
mozzarella cheese for garnish
1 green onion sliced for garnish
- In a large pan place 2 tbsp olive oil and saute onions and peppers until tender, remove from pan
- In the same pan brown ground beef until fully cooked and brown through
- Add Worcestershire sauce add onions and peppers and simmer
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste and beef broth bring to a boil
- Add rice turn heat down to low stir, put lid on and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- Take lid off and stir soup allow to simmer with lid off 10 minutes
- Put garlic bread in oven to brown
- Laddle soup into bowls top with a pinch or two of cheese and green onions
- Allows our to sit in serving bowl for 5 minutes as tge soup is extremely hot also gives the bread a chance to finish toasting
I hope you enjoy this soup recipe and please let us know if you tried it… what did you think?