Don’t you just love lasagna? I mean what isn’t to love about cheese, sauce, Italian meats, spinach and pasta?
I have made traditional lasagna in a casserole dish,I have made mini lasagna like personal lasagna and I have made lasagna rolls so how about a lasagna cake ?
no it isn’t dessert(although mmmmnn maybe I should try that)
lasagna rolled up in a spring form pan
this makes for a gorgeous lasagna and feeds a lot because you are able to cut smaller cake like slices
are you ready for the recipe?
Lasagna cakeCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
1 package of lasagna noodles
1 package of fresh spinach(from produce dept)
3 cups Ricotta cheese
2 tbsp. Parsley
2 tsp. Garlic powder
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup Parmasen cheese
3 cups mozzarella cheese
1 pound Italian sausage
1 large jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- In a large soup pot fill most of the way with water and generously salt the water bring to a boil and add your lasagna noodles cook until tender
- In a large mixing bowl mix the ricotta cheese, parm cheese, seasonings, 2 eggs and set aside
- wash your spinach and pat dry
- In a medium non-stick skillet cook your Italian sausage until cooked through breaking up into small crumbles as it browns
- drain noodles and lay out on some long sheets of aluminum foil allow to cool so you can handle these
- put 2 to 3 spoonfuls of ricotta cheese mixture on each noodle spreading it out
- every other noodle will either have sauce or 3-4 (more if you like) spinach leaves
- Here is where the fun begins… begin rolling your noodles
- in a springform pan add a layer of marinara sauce on the bottom covering the entire bottom of the pan
- Stand up your lasagna roll in the middle and continue to wrap the lasagna noodles around and around until you completely fill up your springform pan, cover top with extra marinara if you have it, completely cover with mozzarella cheese!
- Add your lasagna to the preheated oven 425 degrees) bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour check to make sure the center is hot
- remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- remove the springform pan from the lasagna
- slice as you would if it was a cake
- serve immediately and enjoy!
this is definitely a fun way to make lasagna
try it sometime and let me know how you like it