Just like the Mexican restaraunt and very similar to chili’s famous salsa!
I always thought salsa was probably hard to make and required picking thr veggies, cleaning, chopping and cooking it.
This salsa recipe is surprisingly super easy, and can be completed in 5 minutes(after you prep of course so we will say 10 minutes)
Busy women need easy recipes that don’t sacrifice flavor, this salsa is sure to make regular appearances at your taco Tuesday and game day parties!
Here is what you will need
- Food processor
When you make this salsa the night before your event or dinner and allow it to sit in the refrigerator, it allows the flavors to meld together.
You can do it
Do you have 10 minutes? You can have restaraunt quality salsa
Seriously, no need to order takeout, just make your own at home!
Ordering takeout meals should be considered a treat for you and your family not necessarily the norm! I am here to help you. Yes, I am talking to you, the busy woman with so much on her plate she would just rather order takeout.
Are you ready for the recipe?
okay, here it is!!!!
5 minute SalsaCourse: Side dish, SalsaDifficulty: Easy
28 oz can of whole tomatoes with juice
1 small to medium onion cut
3 cloves of garlic (see note below)
1 tsp ground cumin
2-4 tsp salt(see note below)
2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp lime juice (see note below)
1 handful fresh cilantro
1 jalapeño seeded
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp chili powder
- Gather ingredients
- Get your food processor ready to accept ingredients
- Pour the entire can of tomatoes including juice into food processor
- Cut onion up into small chunks add onion to food processor
- Slice jalapeño and make sure to remove seeds unless you want a hot salsa and then you will add the seeds, add to food processor
- Add garlic cloves to food processor
- Add seasonings to food processor; sugar, cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt(2 tsp at a time see note below),
- Rinse cilantro and add to food processor
- Add lime juice to food processor
- Pulse good processor until everything is smooth and blended to the consistency you wish your salsa to be
- Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips and meal or better yet put in 2 qt jars and store in refrigerator overnight(tastes better thr next day)
- Salt- salt is an important seasoning, and in salsa you definitely want enough salt, I suggest adding your salt 1-2 tsp at a time pulse the food processor and taste add more salt if needed. Remember you can always add salt but you can’t take away salt.
- Garlic- I love garlic paste or minced garlic in the glass jars you can purchase in thr grocery store. The package tells how many tsp equals a clove of garlic! Also you can roast the garlic with olive oil in oven for a completely different taste!
What to serve salsa with?
- Alone as a fun afternoon snack
- Alongside a sandwich at lunch.
- With a
- Taco salad
- With anything it is salsa!!!
Did you try this recipe? Let us know qe would love to hear what you thought, comment below!
Options for food processors
Do you need a food processor?
Amazon has a lot of options here is the food processor I use personally
Don’t have room for a food processor? No worries these Emerson blenders are perfect for this!