Love macaroni salad?
every-time I eat macaroni salad it reminds me of family reunions and summer cookouts!
This is macaroni salad with a little twist!
can you guess what the secret ingredient is?
well are you ready for the recipe now?
okay here it is
Deluxe Veggie macaroni saladCourse: Sides, SaladsDifficulty: Easy
2 cups macaroni cooked
4 tablespoons of ranch dressing homemade
1 small onion diced
1 cup shredded cheese
1.5 cups of chopped veggies: broccoli, cucumber, cauliflower, tomatoes, peppers… anything you like
1 tbsp milk + 1 tbsp mayo to thin out ranch dressing if it is too thick
- Generously salt water in a small pot and bring it to a boil
- Cook macaroni noodles until they are done to your liking, see note below
- Clean and chop veggies
- Mix up ranch dressing
- Drain macaroni and run cold water over noodles to cool down
- Put cooled noodles into a bowl add the ranch dressing and veggies and cheese and stir to incorporate
- For macaroni salad, I like to cook the noodles until they are just about done not all the way to al dente
- Homemade ranch: 8 oz cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of ranch seasoning or ranch dressing mix packet, 1/2 cup of mayo- mix it up and put over macaroni but you may need to add milk and may to thin out