A Gorgeous crisp fall day, and by crisp I mean it was 28⁰ this morning and hasn’t got much warmer.
Not to completely change the subject but the once in a lifetime event happened at 4AM this morning!!! The total lunar eclipse! I get up at 4AM everyday anyway so I was up a little sooner and got to see it.
It was amazing and guess what I even got some pretty cool photos with my Samsung phone
So for dinner on this lunar eclipse Friday is soup!
Comfort food in a bowl or maybe a hug in a bowl.
Tonight, I created a favorite meal Mashup recipe.
Creamy Chicken Alfredo Soup
- Shredded chicken
Ready for the recipe?
Creamy Chicken Alfredo SoupCourse: MainCuisine: SoupDifficulty: Easy
Mashup meal- taking your favorite meals combing them into one lovely dish! Chicken Alfredo and soup combines to give everyone a big hug in a bowl!
3 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 onion diced
1 tbsp oil
1 box pasta
5 cups of your favorite prepared Alfredo sauce* see notes below
1 box chicken broth
1/2 tsp crushed red peppers
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a large soup pot warm up olive oil and cook onion until translucent and tender
- Add chicken broth and bring to a low boil
- Add the prepared Alfredo sauce and stir until incorporated fully
- Add seasonings and stir to incorporate
- Add chicken and simmer 20 minutes
- Add the cooked pasta before serving
- add a splash to 1/2 cup heavy cream to thin soup
- As pasta sit in soup, soup will thicken, to thin add warm chicken broth or heavy cream
- Garnish with Parmesean cheese (shredded or shaved) and parsley
- Serve with garlic toast
- Serve alongside a small garden salad
Did you try the soup? I would love to hear from you; how did you like it?!?