like going to your favorite Mexican Restaraunt and ordering Pollo Loco, this dosh is similar and packed with flavor(a bit on the spicy side, I will tell you what you can do to calm the heat down)
my family loves chicken, and rice; sometimes we have cheesy chicken and rice with broccoli and sometimes we go more south of the border!
these types of meals are on repeat at my house!
I decided that for this Sunday dinner to try out this recipe and it was a hit, so I am going to share with you!!!
- Chicken breasts
- Sour cream
- Cheese sauce
- Mexican rice
I love making guacamole and you can find my recipe here
Salsa is a personal preference do you like homemade salsa I have a great recipe here or you can always use the jar kind
cheese sauce you can make this yourself, use queso from your deli, or from your local Mexican restaraunt
Rice- I would just grab your favorite Mexican rice mix or if you have a favorite recipe go ahead and make that!
note… this recipe makes enough for 4 people or 8 if you half your chicken breast
Are you ready for the recipe?
Mexican Chicken and Rice
4 chicken breasts
1tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
- pound chicken breasts out 1/2 inch thick
- in a cast iron skillet put olive oil and heat skillet up
- Mix seasonings up in a bowl
- Sprinkle seasonings evenly on both sides of thr chicken breasts use fingers to press seasonings into chicken
- lay chicken breast in hot skillet and cook through(no pink in middle, juices are clear)
- put 1/2 cup of prepared rice on plate flatten out
- lay chicken breast on top of bed of rice
- spoon melted cheese on top
- Add a spoonful of salsa
- Add a spoonful of sour cream and or guacamole
- you can serve with salad
- You can serve with beans on the side
- To cool it off reduce the amount of red pepper flakes