Do you love Mac and cheese? If you are like me and my family the blue box is a staple in our meal plan!!!
What if I told you… you can make it homemade?
You may still choose thr blue box and no hard feelings here but you may choose homemade and this recipe is a game changer!!!
Here is what you will need
- Elbow macaroni 2 cups cooked
- 1/2 block of Velveeta cheese
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup parmasean cheese
- Cayenne pepper
- Some extra milk in case it needs thinned out
So are you ready for the recipe? You will have macaroni and cheese from pantry to table in 30 minutes!!!
serve with pot roast, chicken, pork chops, or eat as a main dish!!!
Oh and it makes great left overs too(add a tsp milk at a time to keep it creamy and cheesy)
Fancy Stovetop Homemade macaroni and cheese
2 cups of elbow macaroni cooked in salted water
1 can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 block or 2 small individually wrapped blocks of Velveeta cheese
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup grated parmasean cheese
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
- In a medium pan fill with water and generously add salt… bring to a boil and add pasta cook over medium to high heat until pasta is cooked and tender
- once it’s cooked drain the water and add Velveeta cheese and butter stir to melt it
- Add the can of evaporated milk stir to incorporate it
- Once the Velveeta cheese is melted, butter is melted, add seasonings, stir
- add 2 cups cheddar and 1 cup parm stir
- if once everything is incorporated the Mac and cheese is too thick you can thin it out with milk by adding 1 tablespoon at a time
- The mixture will thicken as it sits