So as the East coast braces for a winter storm that could bring blizzard conditions and hurricane force winds to North East and ice south east
I am enjoying living inside of a snowglobe today!
seriously today has been the best snow day ever
Snow has been flurring around all day and it really didn’t stick to roads, well thr main roads anyway. Sticking to trees and grass has made for a picturesque day.
The flakes were big and fluffy, when stuck to hair revealed they were full of water and melted quickly.
Tonight was a perfect night for soup.
I went to the pantry and found everything I needed for this spicy tomato soup!
Spicy Tomato Soup
bowl of spicy tangy tomato soup is like a big hug on a cold winter night!
4 cups tomato sauce
32 oz cancrushed tomatoes
4 cups chicken broth
1 onion diced
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup parmasean cheese
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Heat Olive oil in large soup pot
- add diced onion and garlic saute until tender
- add chicken broth and stir
- add tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, stir
- add seasonings and stir
- Bring soup to boil and turn to simmer for 20 minutes
- Add heavy cream and stir
- turn heat off
- add parmasean cheese, stir and immediately serve (see notes for serving suggestions)
- serve with cheese tortellini
- Serve with crackers
- Serve with garlic bread
- Serve with grilled cheese
- Enjoying the soup is the most important part!
- Too tangy? Add sugar 1 tbsp at a time u til thr flavor calms down