Chimichangas are a great meal, one of my favorites that my local Mexican restaurant. When 2020 happened and we couldn’t go out to restaurants I decided to make my own chimichangas at home.
You can get my recipe for rotisserie chicken chimichangas here
Superbowl is a day of fun party foods, chicken wings are typically on the menu but I thought I would make some buffalo chicken chimichangas!
Here is what you will need
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 cup of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese
- feta cheese
- ranch dressing
Rotisserie Chicken– such an easy way to make this meal, if you dont have access to rotisserie chicken you can boil chicken breast and then shred
Buffalo sauce– Using buffalo sauce makes this taste just like buffalo wings, you can use hot sauce for an alternative
Enchilada sauce– adds a smokey flavor and elevates these chimichangas to a new level!
Cheese– this is a big deal ingredient and you can use whatever cheese you want but the best is cheddar and feta cheese, although many would use blu cheese but for a milder flavor profile use feta.
Butter– helps to make the sauce creamy and silky
Ranch– not all ranch is created equal but you choose your favorite kind of ranch will be perfect for you. you can also get a recipe here
Buffalo chicken chimichanga’sCourse: RecipeCuisine: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
1/4 cup buffalo sauce
1/2 stick butter
1 cup enchilada sauce
8 inch flour tortilla
- In a medium sauce pan add the half stick butter in and melt it
- Add the buffalo sauce and enchilada sauce and simmer
- Add the shredded chicken and warm through
- Remove from the heat and allow to sit for a few minutes
- Take 8 inch flour tortillas and place in the microwave and warm slightly
- Place 1 tablespoon on filling inside the tortilla, top with cheese and roll up
- Place chimichangas seam side down in a greased baking dish
- Place in a preheated oven 350 and bake until golden brown
- Remove and serve on a bead of lettuce with a drizzle of ranch