Even before I liked taco salads I have always loved the crispy flour tortilla shell! Some of the best memories of going to taco bell as a child, I would ask mom if she was getting a taco salad, then hoping she would give me a bite of the shell which she always would!!!
A few years ago I saw they had taco salad shells in the grocery store but they did not compare to restaurant shells at all.
I would settle to eat a salad on top of Tostito chips chips and that has been wonderful but last night we fixed tacos and we tried something different
Making our own taco salad shells
Want to know how to make your very own taco salad shell?
Here is what you will need!
- burrito size flour tortilla
- oven safe bowl
- cooking spray
- refried beans
- taco meat
- mexican rice
- sour cream
- green onions
- and any other favorite toppings
Homemade Taco Salad bowlsCourse: Uncategorized
Restaurant quality taco salad shell at home!
1 burrito size flour tortilla
deep bowls that are oven safe
- Taco salad toppings
1/2 cup of prepared taco meat
1/4 cup refried beans
1/4 cup mexican rice
1 cup of shredded lettuce
tomatoes, onions, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- warm flour tortillas up in microwave to make flexible
- spray both sides of flour tortillas
- press in the bottom of the deep oven safe bowl, ruffling the edges
- place bowls in preheated oven
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- While your tortillas are baking prepare your toppings
- remove tortillas from oven and carefully place on a plate
- build your salad the way you desire and enjoy