I never liked leftovers growing up, I was kind of a picky eater!
Now that I am grown I understand that leftovers are inevitable however I like to redefine them!
Did you make a big pot of chili and have a lot left over? You are in luck because my Chili mac and cheese is perfect for this!
Chili Mac and CheeseCourse: Uncategorized
4 cups left over chili(1 cup per serving)
1 packet of Velveeta cheese sauce
1 cup of cheddar cheese
2 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup of milk
- in a soup pot heat up your left over chili
- cook macaroni noodles while your chili is heating up
- drain your macaroni noodles and add cheese, stir
- add 2 tbsp butter stir to melt
- add 1 cup of milk and stir
- add macaroni and cheese into the warming pot of chili
- stir in the 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- simmer soup until heated through
- serve with your favorite toppings
This recipe was such a hit in our house that the next time it was time for chili in the menu rotation we made it as chili mac!