I know I am so late to the game but I discovered a great way to cut carbs but still enjoy your favorite foods!
No, I am not talking about transforming cauliflower I to something it never was intended to be either.
I am talking about using cheese as a bread alternative, gamechanger!!!
last week I started a diet of sorts(I use the term diet very loose, I like healthy eating better!!!)
I am low carb, high protein, little to no sugar and lots of water!!!!
we had Philly cheesesteaks on Tuesday and I looked at the bread, thr bun and thought what a waste of carbs, I need to find an alternative but that alternative cannot take anything away from the dish.
I began thinking about eating my Philly as a salad then thought I still wanted to eat it like I woukd as a sandwich so then I thought about a tortilla. So close to using a flour tortilla until it hit me… cheese!!!!
I remembered when keto diet became thr trend a few years ago and everyone was melting sheets of cheese to wrap up their meals.
So here is my recipe for these Philly steak wraps using provolone cheese
Philly cheesesteak- keto friendlyCourse: Uncategorized
Package of sirloin steak
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion diced
1/2 red bell pepper, 1/2 green bell pepper diced
2 pieces of deli sliced provolone cheese per wrap
Season to your liking; garlic powder, season salt, philosophy steak seasoning
- heat oil in large skillet
- add diced onions and peppers cook until tender
- remove onions and peppers and eat aside
- Cook steak, season it as you cook it, chopping it into smaller pieces as it cooks
- After the steak is completely cooked add onions and peppers and heat through
- in a 350⁰ preheated oven place 2 deli slices provolone(per wrap) slightly overlapped on a silicon baking sheet (silpat)
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted golden brown around edges (watch close so not to burn)
- remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes to cool for handling
- pat with a paper town to absorb the grease
- add 1 tablespoon of meat and mustard if you wish
- roll the cheese around the meat mixture tightly
I didn’t even miss the bread!!!! Very enjoyable and filling!!!!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be boring and yucky, I am here for yummy healthy food, aren’t you?