Sloppy joes pasta a mashup meal of two favorites; pasta and sloppy joes!
Childhood memories of sloppy joes are funny and great, I mean I didnt care for eating sloppy joes because they are naturally messy, I loved the flavor just not the mess. Most children love it because they can make a mess without getting into too much trouble.
If you have been following the blog for any amount of time you will see that I LOVE cooking at home, I LOVE easy recipes, and I LOVE mashup recipes where I take 2 dishes and puts them together.
What is a mashup?
A mashup recipe is when you take two dishes and smash them together so for instance you love tacos and you love macaroni and cheese when you take these two dishes and put them together you come up with a mashup meal that combines your two favorite meals!
Introducing Sloppy Shells
Taking sloppy joes and pasta shells making a great dish that your entire family will LOVE
What you will need
- small pasta shells
- can of manwich
- pound of ground beef
- diced onion
- worcestershire sauce
- beef bouillon
Ready for the recipe?
Me too Let me tell you one more thing before we get there…. serving this with garlic toast and a side salad makes this meal complete and like sloppy joes that we had as children grew up!
Sloppy Joes… Pasta what about bothCourse: Uncategorized
1 pound of ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1- 24 ounce can Original manwich
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp beef bouillon
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tsp cumin
1 package of Velveeta cheese sauce packet
3 cups of cooked small shell pasta
2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In well salted water, prepare pasta until al dente, drain and set aside
- Brown ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks
- Add onion and cook until beef is cooked through and onions are tender and translucent
- Add the can of Manwich stir to incorporate
- add Worcestershire sauce, beef bouillon, garlic, cumin… stir to incorporate
- simmer 2-3 minutes
- add cheese sauce packet, stir
- Put into a 9X13 casserole dish- mix 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese stir
- top with the remaining cheese
- place in a 350 degree preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes
- remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes and then serve
Cooking at Home
cookbook available now on AMAZON