I can still remember being so excited at a authentic Mexican restaurant seeing chalupas on the menu The Chalupa was my most favorite dish at Taco Bell. Seeing it on the menu made me more than excited. I anxiously ordered the and…. it wasn’t anything like the chalupa I was used to!
There is something wonderful about that crunchy pillowy shell piping hot filled with taco meat lettuce and nacho cheese!!! Growing up,Taco bell was my favorite fast food restaraunt. My family would joke that I could eat there 3x day for 7 days! Probably not but they weren’t too far off, I lived off taco bell on college! Gotta love that mexi-American joint you know south of the border.
want to make at home?
Have you ever found yourself sitting in thr drive-thru wishing you could be at home fixing your favorite meal?
There is nothing wrong with the drive-thru lifestyle. When you see how easy it is to make this dish at home you will be will be happy to skip the drive-thru and be in your kitchen
What you will need
- Taco meat- this recipe is perfect for leftover tacos
- Taco toppings- cheese, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, salsa
- Taco sides- beans, rice, chips and salsa
- Naan flatbreads- sold in stores found in bakery area- comes in a variety of sizes and flavors. I use original original mini Naan. This is an easy substitute for homemade Naan bread.
Make this recipe
Chalupa’s at homeCourse: Uncategorized
Taco meat- 1 table spoon per serving heated through
Taco sides- heated through
Taco toppings- cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- Preheat oven to broil, place naan bread on baking sheet broil 5 minutes remove and carefully flip over, cover top with cheese, place back to oven broil 5 minutes(cheese is melted)
- Add taco meat, and desired toppings
- Carefully fold like a taco and enjoy