Who doesn’t love a great dip? Perfect for any party or have on hand for an afternoon snack!!!
I have tried many different quesos and have to say this one is my favorite!
Loaded skillet nacho queso is loaded with taco meat, black beans, salsa, melted cheese, cilantro, this dip could be a stand alone meal would make an insane side dish or a great appetizer for a big party!
What do you need?
- 1.5 pounds Velveeta queso (white cheese)
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- taco seasoning
- green onions
- cilantro leaves
- tostito chips
- favorite corn chips
- veggie strips
- cheese quesadillas
- pita or mini Naan bread
- toppings for your tacos
You may just want to eat it, don’t laugh because you will catch yourself with a spoon!
Do you have to cook in a skillet?
No, you can cook in a soup pot(which is what I did this time) you can serve in a cute bowl or skillet. You can cook in skillet, soup pot, or crockpot
Ready for the recipe?
loaded skillet nacho quesoCourse: Recipes
1.5 pounds Velveeta cheese- queso Blanco
1 pound ground beef
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup picante salsa
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 cup beef broth
garnish with cilantro leaves and green onions
- In a large cast iron skillet brown beef, crumbling as you cook
- Once completely browned and cooked through add taco seasoning and stir to incorporate
- Add 1 cup beef broth stir and let simmer 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup salsa and stir allow to simmer
- Add 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- Add 1.5 pounds of Velveeta cheese stir until fully melted
- Garnish the top with green onions and cilantro leaves
- serve immediately or allow to cool to put in fridge keeps 4 days in air tight container
Loaded Skillet nacho queso
First, you will want to brown your ground beef and add onion and then a packet of taco seasoning add a can of black beans drained and Velveeta cheese, beef broth and salsa and melt over medium low heat. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips, veggies, or pita bread. Serve as a topping on tacos or burritos. This recipe is easy could be made in a crockpot or on the stovetop.
Leftovers if you are lucky enough to have leftovers keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
Cooking at home cookbook
Love the recipes you see on this blog? Check out my first cookbook available on Amazon