If you are anything like me and my house Mexican style food is on repeat in our weekly meal plans!
This recipe is going to definitely be a winning recipe and will be highly requested!!!
The Secret Ingredient
Would you believe me if I told you this has left over shredded roast as the main ingredient???? You can’t even tell you didn’t cook the meat specifically for this dish!
I have a chicken version of this and you can find that here
Ready for the recipe?
Beef ChimichangasCourse: Main dishes, Recipe
Shredded Beef Chimichangas made using leftover Sunday Roast
3 cups shredded roast (left over)
1 cup picante sauce
1/2 cup enchilada sauce(red)
1 tbsp taco seasoning
salt to taste
1 medium onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
1 tbsp olive oil
flour tortillas (10 soft taco size or 5 burrito size)
- In a nonstick skillet add olive oil and heat to medium heat adding garlic and onion cooking until tender and translucent
- To the skillet add the roast, enchilada sauce, salsa, salt, taco seasoning
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until boils, simmer for 5 minutes
- Place a spoonful on a tortilla Sprinkle cheese on top and wrap up burrito style tucking ends
- Arrange chimichsngas on a cookie sheet covered with foil and bake in a preheated 375⁰ oven, keep a watch on them bake until chimichangas turn golden brown
- Remove and drizzle white queso cheese on top
- serve over lettuce, refried beans, rice
- Serve with salsa, extra cheese, green onions, guacamole, sour cream