I may be late to the game, I mean how did I not know, I have no idea but apparently ricotta cheese is the perfect protein. This is a dream come true!!!! Spring calls for a new diet, after thr long winter I need to get myself Beach ready!
Cheese the ultimate diet food
well not exactly, but according to BeachBody Ricotta cheese is the ultimate diet food!
Do you like Ricotta? I sure do, I remember sneaking bites while my mom making lasagna. So this news made my day for sure!
Beachbody said that part-skim ricotta has as much protein as 3 eggs, my mind is blown
eating healthy is the ultimate goal!
if I can eat healthy, loose some extra weight and enjoy ricotta, all the better!
How to eat Ricotta?
- Mixed in noodles
- In squash rolled up like lasagna
- A bowl seasoned with sauteed squash on top
- On a Flatbread as a white pizza
- On a piece of toast (alternative to avocado toast)
How do you like your ricotta?
I also have a great zucchini recipe you can find it here
Summer squash and ricotta
- 3/4 cup of ricotta cheese
- Tablespoon garlic powder
- Tableapoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Tsp of Italian seasoning
- Measure out the ricotta cheese in a small mixing bowl
- Measure out seasonings
- Add seasonings and stir to fully incorporate
- Put in bowl
- Cover with sautéed squash for a fun side dish or meal
Ricotta noodles with roast
- Mix 1 serving of ricotta cheese and seasonings(1tbsp Garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to taste)
- Toss with 1 serving of your favorite pasta
- Enjoy plain or add marinara sauce
- I topped mine with Mississippi pot roast
- Enjoy with a side salad
did you know?
You can make your own ricotta cheese at home… Beachbody has the recipe you can find it here!