Fall is my most favorite season because soup is the primary meal on my weekly meal planner! I love soup, don’t you? I love enchiladas and so when I was coming up with my next recipe I began brainstorming my favorite meals and then asking could I make it in soup form? Chicken Enchiladas seemed like the perfect dish to start with! Soup is the best way to enjoy comfort food, something about a big bowl of piping hot soup brings us great comfort!
What you will need for comfort food in a bowl
Most everything will already be in your pantry or freezer!
- enchilada sauce
- tomato sauce
- chicken broth
- seasonings; salt, pepper, cumin, cilantro
- Velveeta cheese
- olive oil
The best part of enchiladas is the sauce and bubbly cheese, this soup definitely delivers on the sauce and cheese!!!! Yumminess all wrapped up in tortillas then baked to perfection with melted cheese on top! This soup has everything you love about a big pan of enchiladas!
Variations to this recipe
Are you not a fan of chicken enchiladas? Maybe you like beef enchiladas more, no problem I have a great recipe for that come on over and see the beefy enchilada soup recipe
Perfect for rainy day- soup is comfort food
Honestly this soup would be perfect no matter the weather but it was dreary and chilly the day I made it!!!! This soup is like a big hug in a bowl, comfort food at the max! There is just something about enjoying a big bowl of soup on a dreary day in the fall or winter that brings us great sense of comfort.
Ready for the recipe?
Chicken Enchilada SoupCourse: Uncategorized
1 medium onion diced
2 clove garlic minced
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt and pepper
4 cups chicken broth
1/4 pound Velveeta cheese cubed
2 cups cooked chicken shredded
1 can tomato sauce
1 can red enchilada sauce
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup water
1 can green chilies
tbsp olive oil
- in a soup pot saute the onion and garlic until onions are translucent
- add can enchilada sauce, stir
- add can tomato sauce, stir
- add can green chilies, stir
- add cubed Velveeta cheese, stir until melted
- add chicken broth, bring to a boil, stirring occasionally
- add cooked shredded chicken to soup
- in a bowl Add cornmeal stir in water, making sure there are no lumps
- pour the cornmeal slurry into boiling soup, turn down to simmer
- Cook rice(your favorite rice)
- Serving suggestions; spoon rice into bottom of bowl, Sprinkle cheese on top of rice, laddie soup in over rice, garnish with cheese, cilantro and tostito chips