Who wouldn’t love a big bowl of hot pasta tossed with piping hot creamy cheesy pesto sauce? Especially on a rainy Monday night. I began thinking about dinner and thought that pasta would be great and then I thought wonder if I could make some creamy pesto and then this recipe was born!
This recipe was loved by all who ate it, I will be making this again for sure!!!
Here is the recipe
Creamy Pesto TortelliniCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
a cheesy creamy pesto sauce for your favorite pasta, ravioli, tortellini, fettucini, rotini, any pasta would be absolutely wonderful with this sauce over it.
- Fresh spinach pesto
1/2 cup spinach cleaned
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic
1 tsp salt
t tsp pepper
pinch crushed red pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp onion powder
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup water
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Make sure your spinach is cleaned and dried
- Put spinach and all ingredients for the fresh pesto in a food processor pulse until smooth
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat add heavy whipping cream and water
- Stir constantly until brought to a boil
- Add cheeses ( mozzarella and ricotta)
- stir until completely melted
- stir in the fresh pesto
- simmer for 10 minutes
- Laddle over your favorite pasta
I hope you get to try this recipe soon!!! This would be fabulous served with grilled or baked chicken or what about a filet or zucchini medley or how about a garden salad! Although it was fantastic all own its own (with garlic bread sticks)
Let us know if you try this recipe… how did you like it?