If you are anything like me it is almost always true that we have some type of Mexican inspired dish on the weekly meal plan.
Do you ever search pinterest for recipes to try? This is probably a daily occurrence for me! I seatch pinterest for ideas on recipes that I can then put my own spin on.
Chicken quesadillas are not an original recipe to me and I have tried so many in the past. This recipe I am getting ready to share with you has got to be the best one ever!
What you will need
- rotisserie chicken
- fresh cilantro
- lime juice
- kosher salt
- Black pepper
- street taco size tortillas
- refried beans
Simple and quick that’s my motto
If you have been following along for any amount of time you will know that I love sime and quick recipes. My personal goal is to help.you get food on your table and feed your family in less than 45 minutes!!!!
- rotisserie chicken- my grocery store sells packages of the rotisserie chicken shredded off the bone. This saves time and money because there is less waste
- lime juice- You can definitely juice a fresh lime but good luck getting enough juice… I don’t even fool with fresh limes I buy the lime shaped container full of lime juice already queezed for me!
Ready for the recipe?
The BEST Chicken quesadillasCourse: Uncategorized
1 cup finely chopped rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup salsa I use picante
1/8 cup fresh cilantro chopped
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 cup quesadilla cheese shredded
1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
smear of refried beans heated
8 street taco size floor tortillas
2 tbsp canola oil for frying
- in a medium size mixing bowl Add chopped chicken, salsa, cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper, lime juice and stir to mix thoroughly
- take a spoonful of warm refried beans and spread onto a street taco shell covering the shell
- take a spoonful of the chicken mixture and place it on half the shell and fold over set to the side… repeat process until all shells are full and your chicken mixture is used up
- in a large skillet heat canola oil
- once the oil is hot, carefully place your quesafillas inside frying them, watch them- turn the heat down and watch, turning them when they are golden brown
- Serve immediately with rice guacamole and chips and salsa
- Be very careful when frying as oil splatters and can burn you easily
- Do not leave frying quesadillas alone- watch them continuously